Monday, March 30, 2009

The food comes to you now

Normally, I'm talking about alternative transportation for people on this blog. (People and pets- I took my kitten to the vet on RTA.) However, I just got turned on to an alternative transportation option for your stuff, one that will take a large, unpleasant, car-driven chore off of your list.

Grocery delivery has come to Riverside! (Actually, I'm pretty sure it's been here a while, but I've finally noticed.) Both Vons and Albertsons provide home grocery delivery services. Albertsons charges $12.95 flat, while Vons charges between $6.95 and $12.95 depending on the amount ordered and the delivery window. (RiR has no financial interest in either service.) You order your food just like you'd order anything on the internets, and schedule an appointment. A friendly guy in a truck brings said food to your house during the delivery window, and you don't have to go anywhere, haul anything, or worry about long checkout lines. I ordered late on Saturday night and my food arrived just shy of noon on Sunday morning.

Another great benefit I found is, when ordering, you can take your laptop into the kitchen and check to see whether or not you really are out of milk/bread/eggs.

The point is that you can get out of driving for that trip to the grocery store and, for a very small fee, have more time and less stress in your life. This particular form of alternative transport is available today, right here in the IE, from the comfort of your computer. Enjoy!

1 comment:

twodogkd said...

Posted on Inland Empire craigslist's Community/Politics classified ads here

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/pol/1100316845.html